…Thanks Fadiha and Fatima for the delicious food you cooked for us!
1.5 KG of lamb shoulder
½ teaspoon of salt, pepper, curcuma, paprika
½ glass of alimentary argan oil… possibly made by the Toudarte Cooperative!
5 cups of peas + 1 big onion
A bit of coriander
2 slices of confit lemon
Steps to make it
- Put the argan oil and the lamb meat, the onion along with spices in the tagine. Cover and cook on gentle heat;
- Periodically check to make sure that it won’t run out of cooking liquid;
- If need be, add hot water;
- Try to avoid to stir the meat;
- When the meat is cooked (between 1 hour and 1 hour and half), add peas, olives and and confit lemon slices, as well as a bit of coriander;
- Cook additional 10 – 15 minutes;
- Serve with Berber bread.
Enjoy your meal!